Sunday 21 March 2010

The Courteeners - Falcon (6.5/10)


Liam fray and The Courteeners are back after 2 years away with there second album (follow up to St Jude)
To be honest I was expecting a lot more from this album. Where is the 'not 19 forever' I asked myself as I pondered through this album. Liam has tried to show that he has matured slightly with this release but the maturity doesn’t always work on this album, sorry.
The Courteeners, for me are about the upbeat danceable anthems perfectly written on St Jude, falcon doesn’t give this. A slower moodier approach has been taken which is done well in places in fairness, but overall I think Liam can do a lot better than this. Manchester Manchester is the cry you hear through out which is done with wit and charm put I just feel it's been done more than thrice. Let's hope the 'second album syndrome' doesn’t take hold of The Courteeners and ruin a top band.

No comments:

Post a Comment